[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Are serious things done with ROS in Python?

Rud Merriam ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 00:49:16 UTC 2018

After the 2013 NASA Sample Return Robot Centennial Challenge I asked the teams about the software used. The results are on my [blog](http://blog.mysticlakesoftware.com/2013/08/programming-languages-used-for-srr.html):

The primary language was C++ whether the team used ROS or not. That was 7 of the 10 teams that provided information. Some python was used in conjunction with C++. One team that used a combination regretted, without further explanation, the python code in their system. (Please, no language war on that point. Just reporting...)

The results were similar for the 2014 challenge but I didn't formally record the results.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/are-serious-things-done-with-ros-in-python/4359/7) or reply to this email to respond.