[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Answers: kinetic uses unstable eigen3 on Ubuntu 16.04

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:10:51 UTC 2018

I'm posting this sort-of on behalf of the poster of [kinetic uses unstable eigen3 on Ubuntu 16.04](https://answers.ros.org/question/283310) on ROS Answers, as I believe this might deserve some wider discussion and attention.

Summarising: according to the OP, Canonical is shipping an unstable version of Eigen3 with Ubuntu Xenial (16.04), which means that all of ROS Kinetic is also depending on that version. According to [launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eigen3](https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eigen3), Xenial ships [eigen3/3.3~beta1-2](https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eigen3/3.3~beta1-2).

The OP has included an MWE that should show what (one of) the issue(s) is. I haven't tried this myself (yet).

Upstream bug report is [here](https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eigen3/+bug/1750794) (posted: 2018-02-21), but it doesn't seem to get much attention.

If this is indeed an actual issue, are there any channels we could use to get some more response out of Canonical about this?

PS: I didn't really know where to put this, so figured `General` was as good as any other category.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-answers-kinetic-uses-unstable-eigen3-on-ubuntu-16-04/4425/1) or reply to this email to respond.