[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] BennyBot build... an autonomous bot to deliver my garbage to the curb

Adrian ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:19:56 UTC 2018

I am struggling to make a general bill of material for the hardware required. But I don't progress at all. So I would like to ask for some advice.
My plan is to have a robot that can carry a larger weight (>1,5TO). For this project I assume that I need two motors to about 0.8kw/each, 380Volt, DC. And now comes the questions:
-what kind of motor do you use?
-how many sabretooth do I need (not clear which type)? In fact why do you use a pair of sabertooth? Or can be replace with something else?
-how many kangaroox2 do I need? This question is link with the previous one. Because this large equipment need many Ampers I need big batteries (I was thinking at some car batteries to 12 or 24 Volt). But than I need a converter, do I? In fact two: one from battery to kangaroo and one from sabertooth to motor, no?
-how many raspberrypi? Why do you have 2 raspberry? Probably to have a better computation, but how do you connect them? One is master and one is slave?

Other questions (cables, encoders, etc) remain for later after clarifying those

Thank you
Adrian

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/bennybot-build-an-autonomous-bot-to-deliver-my-garbage-to-the-curb/3896/4) or reply to this email to respond.