[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] Status and maturity of OE and ROS

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:10:35 UTC 2018

[quote="dvoid, post:3, topic:4404"]
Using Yocto is risk reduction to me. We already have plenty of tools that leverage yocto and openembedded. Going to Ubuntu involves reinventing the wheel from a package selection, base os, monitoring, and automation standpoint. Not to mention the package size, loss of package control, tight integration, and overinflated size of the base OS that we lose just by using it.
[/quote]

:+1:

[quote="bulwahn, post:5, topic:4404"]
So, I probably cannot give you an unbiased advice on using OpenEmbedded or Ubuntu.
[/quote]

Could one not use OpenEmbedded and ROS with kind of `meta-ubuntu` ([meta-debian](https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-debian/))...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/status-and-maturity-of-oe-and-ros/4404/8) or reply to this email to respond.