[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Turtlebot2 control dead time (latency) of 200ms?

Ingo Lütkebohle ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:27:35 UTC 2018

I measured the time between when the robot receives a command (directly into the kobuki_node) and when it starts to move (as measured from odometry), and it's about **200ms**, sometimes more. Looking at serial line delay, delays in the driver, the sensor data rate, and so on, I could only explain about 50ms of that. That leaves 150ms which is somehow lost in the firmware.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this normal?

Check out this image for a visualization: Top plot is the command, bottom plot is the odometry velocity. I tested pure rotation.
![control_latency_vendor_driver_crop|690x418](upload://miBXkJQ4pLLti9xXLgKdzryiQrl.png)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/turtlebot2-control-dead-time-latency-of-200ms/4443/1) or reply to this email to respond.