[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Pcl_ros with PCL 1.8 (ROS Lunar and newer) means linking to 139 VTK dynamic libraries

Donovan Sydow ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:31:49 UTC 2018

I would interested in what it takes to split this out. Currently I've been blocked compiling PCL from source, presumably from the large amount of dependencies. I've tried doubling memory and swap space (and of course on a fixed machine (laptop) with only 8GB of ram, it seems like 15GB isn't even enough. Every time it runs out of memory, unfortunately that now means I have to change my workflow, and compile this on a much larger system, with substantially more RAM, when I have compiled quite large packages without much of an issue (i.e. opencv, kernels, etc.). I'll try out disabling VTK to see if that helps move the process along, before investing in recompiling everything and setting up a new build machine.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/pcl-ros-with-pcl-1-8-ros-lunar-and-newer-means-linking-to-139-vtk-dynamic-libraries/4433/5) or reply to this email to respond.