[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Site Feedback] Enforce HTTPS on ROS Wiki

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:43:17 UTC 2018

We're tracking changes to convert all of the ROS web hosting to https. [ROS Discourse](https://discourse.ros.org), [ROS Answers](https://answers.ros.org), [docs.ros.org](https://docs.ros.org/), and [roscon.ros.org](https://roscon.ros.org) have all been converted and enforce

As you can see we've setup the certificates and are serving the wiki over https at: https://wiki.ros.org/ But it's not "fully secure"

![image|334x384](upload://3MrYqrsy0UH4b5Jr4eeIPfNb83l.png)

This is because there was a lot of `http` urls for resources embedded in the wiki code. Since enabling the https serving of content we've slowly been resolving them and are getting close to complete. Once we have resolved all the systematic uses of http we'd be ready to switch over to https by default. We don't want to give people a false sense of security.

![image|690x49](upload://3vebmSYi7I2xWZLBFlkMFtJuz6T.png)

If anyone would like to look into resolving any of these outstanding resource references a pull request at https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/roswiki would be appreciated. I think there's just a few macros and the search bar that need to be updated. Once those are resolved we can flip the switch and enforce https.

There are also instances of user content that is http that needs to be resolved too: ![image|690x272](upload://rNhJvqLJGHWkpwFO3c7fc4WL6Ph.png) But that will need to be a community effort to update as well.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/enforce-https-on-ros-wiki/4439/5) or reply to this email to respond.