[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Data quality of ASUS Xtion 2

Mizux ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 09:36:54 UTC 2018

my 2 cents,
Hope to not say something wrong since I test three differents prototypes of Asus XTION 2 last year.

While Xtion was just a kinect/primesens (structured light) camera built by ASUS (i.e. they bought the IP and a "Calibration machine" to recompute the disparity lookup since dimension was not exactly the same than the Kinect/Primesens).

On the other hand, XTION 2 is a ToF camera so it's not really comparable (pro & cons), if I remember well XTION 2 seems close to old softkinetics ToF cameras DS400 DS325 etc...

note: Asus also had a "RealSense" camera (first generation, "un"structured light) as "prototype", but it seems Intel has decided to discontinue it and the new RealSense has been developped by an other israel company with a completely different technology (ToF)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/data-quality-of-asus-xtion-2/4474/2) or reply to this email to respond.