[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Path planning with external axis

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:53:32 UTC 2018

[quote="VictorLamoine, post:7, topic:4451"]
Im happy to see that this is a topic of intereset, as many industrial robots are used with linear axis and turn tables this is a key topic to drive ROS-I into our factories.
[/quote]

I thought I'd clarify here a bit: I believe *linear* axes are supported quite well. I've got 3 setups myself that use linear axes, it's not something that requires any really special configuration or planners (OMPL fi can cope with this just fine fi, and so can Descartes).

A turntable however is something I'm not sure about, but only because I've never configured such a system for use with ROS. Not necessarily because I don't think it's possible / supported right now.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/path-planning-with-external-axis/4451/9) or reply to this email to respond.