[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Revising the gtest tutorial

Andrzej Wąsowski ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:58:23 UTC 2018

I decided to bite into our gtest tutorial at wiki.ros.org/gtest. This looks like a larger job, as the tutorial is much less developed than the other top-level testing tutorial, which I already revised.  I expect this will take several weeks - I will have to find time to try out things, and fix things that are outdated. Times is scarce, thus the slow speed.

I will start by moving it (and redirecting) to Quality/Tutorials/* and work in there. Of course, I will try to always keep a relatively usable version when leaving it off for a few days.

I do have some questions for more knowledgeable folks down here:

* What is wiki.ros.org/gtest/Troubleshooting and wki.ros.org/gtest/Reviews? Both seem to be (almost) empty pages that wiki knows about and asks whether they need to be moved as well.  They look as some auto generated stuff, and I am wondering whether, if I move them, they will be recreated again. Or are they some legacy stuff that should simply be deleted? Delete? Move along?

* The rosbuild part of the tutorial concerns me as well. I am too young a ROS user to be able to update.  And I don't care so much right now for learning rosbuild. What should we do about it? Can someone help by adjusting this in about a month? Or should we drop maintaining it?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/revising-the-gtest-tutorial/4588/1) or reply to this email to respond.