[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] How to cross-compile ROS2 for arm64 architecture

Louis Mayencourt ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:28:37 UTC 2018

Hi jcadam, esteve,

I try to reproduce the cross-compilation of the complete stack and get some issue during the process.
I try to follow esteve approach with docker to build the rootfs based on a arm64v8 ubuntu docker image. The cmake used is similar to the one above, and I'm using esteve "build_ros2.bash" script to trigger the build.
During the process, I got the following error:
    fatal error: Eigen/Core: No such file or directory
     #include <Eigen/Core>

CMake ignore the manually specified location : "DEIGEN3_INCLUDE_DIR="${RASPBERRYPI_CROSS_COMPILE_SYSROOT}/usr/include/eigen3"
and use the default "/usr/include" path:
 -- Using Eigen3 include dirs: /usr/include/eigen3

I'm struggling to understand why CMake ignore the specified path... Any idea ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/how-to-cross-compile-ros2-for-arm64-architecture/3702/16) or reply to this email to respond.