[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] OpenCV 3.2 in Debian Stretch

Chris ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 22:19:49 UTC 2018

The reason is because OpenCV 3.2 is the version shipped in Ubuntu [Bionic](https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/libopencv-dev) (which we expect to be the most used OS platform for Melodic).  Instead of trying to compile newer versions for all platforms, which has given us some pain in the past, we decided to standardize on the version in Bionic and just bring Debian Stretch up to that version.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/opencv-3-2-in-debian-stretch/4627/3) or reply to this email to respond.