[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Lecture notes specifically for "Programming Robots with ROS"

Pito Salas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:35:45 UTC 2018

For better or for worse I've concluded that the best "textbook" for teaching ROS to Python developers is "Programming Robots With Ros" by Quigley, Gerkey and Smart. It is a few years old and uses Indigo. Many of the code and other instructions don't work exactly as written. But the sequence of explanation and examples is really excellent.

My question: have any of you developed course notes, powerpoints or similar to go with that particular book that you'd be willing to share? I am starting to write some myself to see how it goes and thought I would reach out.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/lecture-notes-specifically-for-programming-robots-with-ros/5729/1) or reply to this email to respond.