[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Mapping between rospy and rclpy

Vineet Ghatge ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 01:26:01 UTC 2018

I am attempting to migrate join_state_publisher package from ROS 1 to ROS 2 and trying to find equivalent API. For example
1. rospy has Exceptions like ROSInterruptException. I do not find an equivalent exception to use from rclpy. Is there some other package which defines these?
2. rospy.get_param is missing in rclpy. Will this be covered as part of this - https://github.com/ros2/rclpy/issues/186? Also, what is the alternative for this till then? Can I use the example in https://github.com/ros2/rclpy/blob/0db8fc763ead2cf3184f8c876f1be1bdd85944d8/rclpy/test/test_node.py#L77 ?
3. rospy.Rate() is missing which I do guess will covered here: https://github.com/ros2/rclpy/issues/186.. Any alternative?
4.  Does rospy.is_shutdown seems to have been removed in rclp. How do we check for shutdown? Can we use rclpy.try_shutdown()?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/mapping-between-rospy-and-rclpy/5737/1) or reply to this email to respond.