[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Lecture notes specifically for "Programming Robots with ROS"

Anis Koubaa ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:45:50 UTC 2018

I have been teaching ROS with C++ at least two times at Universities, and it was clear that students struggled more with C++ syntax and build requirements that with ROS concepts.
Last ROS courses I used Python with student with zero background on Python and it was much more easier for them to grasp faster ROS concepts.
So, I think, unless you have students with good background in C++, it will be painful for them.
It seems with new C++ 11 supported in ROS2, programming in C++ with ROS will be less tedious.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/lecture-notes-specifically-for-programming-robots-with-ros/5729/5) or reply to this email to respond.