[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Fully Open Source (Industrial) Robotics Controller

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:35:07 UTC 2018

I'd suggest to wait for ROS 2 and consideration of TSN in DDS. [The paper about hard-real time support of ROS 2 middleware DDS via TSN referenced in this thread](https://discourse.ros.org/t/latency-and-throughput-in-ros2/4367/3) could be interesting for you. From the papers conclusion:

> "For  higher  layers,  we foresee a contending landscape where the integration of TSN
in different middleware solutions focused on interoperability
such  as  OPC-UA  and  DDS  promise  to  deliver  a  bottom-up
real-time communication solution."

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fully-open-source-industrial-robotics-controller/5832/2) or reply to this email to respond.