[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Streaming Motion Interfaces

Andy ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:32:20 UTC 2018

I think real-time control is going to become more important, especially if ROS wants to compete with Boston Dynamics. Clearly we're behind them at the moment.

It's not so much that real-time control isn't possible with ROS1 -- but it hasn't been explored much yet. We've actually had pretty good success, if we can keep network traffic low.

Velocity control of the joints, versus position control, is also important. I think some of the robot manufacturers are slowly catching on to this.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/streaming-motion-interfaces/5858/4) or reply to this email to respond.