[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Fully Open Source (Industrial) Robotics Controller

Alexander Rössler ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:07:12 UTC 2018

@shaun-edwards I was thinking about something end-user facing for the programming language, like a turnkey solution that works similar to what typical industrial robot controllers offer. But maybe I'm thinking to much "in-the-box" on this topic.
And yes, support for off-the-shelf robots is a necessity in my opinion, even if you don't get the support of the vendors themselves, the vendors provide ROS support, so it shouldn't be too hard to add support for their robots. But it would be of course better if the vendors collaborate, selling more robots, for additional user groups, could be an opportunity for them as well.

@vmayoral Thank you for contacting me. I'm very interested in hearing and seeing more at ROSCon.

@gbiggs I agree.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fully-open-source-industrial-robotics-controller/5832/9) or reply to this email to respond.