[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] ROS Quality Assurance Working Group December 2018 Meeting Notes

Adam Alami ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:37:33 UTC 2018

**Agenda:**

* Update and discussion of the progress on ongoing initiatives (i.e. QA Dashboard, Code review)

* It has been a year since this group was established. It is time to reflect upon our work and make some improvements

1. Quality Dashboard:

       1. Matt Droter is currently running some test to assess the performance of Haros and identify any potential risks on the buildfarm resources.

1. Code Review:

   1. We selected 3 repositories for a pilot of code review

      1. ros-comm: We raised a PR to add a PR template. The PR has not been merged yet.

      1. rviz: We raised a PR to add a PR template. The PR has not been merged yet.

      1. Moveit: The PR has been merged few weeks ago. However, few PRs have been reviewed as suggested by the checklist, i.e. While waiting for someone to review your request, please consider reviewing another open pull request to support the maintainers.

         1. I was asked to investigate why contributors do not review other PRs in the Moveit repository.

1. Reflection on the last year work:

   1. The process:

      1. Overall, the group is happy with the process. We agreed in some few changes:

         1. Agree on a fixed day on the month to meet, instead of sending the Doodle vote every month. Hence, we will vote on which day of the month we will meet. This is the Doodle link https://doodle.com/poll/q6isx4ar9yd4awxw

         1. The group seem to be happy with me facilitating the meetings. In case Im not available, Ill nominate someone to facilitate the meeting.

   1. The progress:

      1. The group acknowledges that the progress is modest. This due to mainly two constraints: quality is a difficult subject in the ROS community and there is lack of contributors to our initiatives. We struggle to find ROS contributors to help.

1. Actions:

   1. Investigate why moveit contributors do not review other PRs while waiting for their PR to be reviewed (Adam).

   1. Send out a Doodle link to vote on which day of the month to meet (Adam).

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-quality-assurance-working-group-december-2018-meeting-notes/7045/1) or reply to this email to respond.