[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Gazebo Checkerboard Generator

Adam Allevato ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 13:38:54 UTC 2018

I'd like to share a script to generate a Gazebo checkerboard model automatically. It can generate checkerboards of any size and with any number of squares. There are more details in the file header.

[Link to Script](https://gist.github.com/Kukanani/4b09debf29eafdd4d96c4717520e6f18)

The script is simple and straightforward, but I thought it could save some time if anyone is dealing with checkerboards in Gazebo, because of the amount of boilerplate involved with setting up a new model. It could also be used as a jumping-off point for an AR tag generator.

I wrote the script this past summer, when I worked at Diligent Robotics in Austin, TX writing ROS code for medical assistance robots (they are also [hiring](http://diligentrobots.com/jobs/)!). Diligent is committed to having good simulation environments for testing, and this script was part of that effort.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/gazebo-checkerboard-generator/7061/1) or reply to this email to respond.