[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Software Developer at Greenzie - Atlanta, GA USA

Charles Brian Quinn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:00:26 UTC 2018

Greenzies mission is to free humans from manual labor. Were starting with the hardest tasks first  highly repetitive outdoor work in the green industry: lawn maintenance, turf mowing, landscaping. We are hiring software roboticists who want to do applied robotics, now.  We build software to do real work.  Join our Team.

As a Robotics Software Developer you will:

* Develop software for our autonomous outdoor robotics platform using the Robotic Operating System (ROS) using Python, C++, and more.

* Code-review, pair-program, and problem solve with teammates

* Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly sprint planning, retrospectives, and roadmap planning

* Build a great company: its up to you how involved you want to be.  We are an open book and share the experience of building a company from customer discovery to sales to marketing, you can participate and learn all aspects of business.

As a candidate you already:

* Have software development experience and solid engineering practices

* Have experience with robotics: control systems, machine vision, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, and/or other robotics algorithms and libraries

* Have used the Robotic Operating System (ROS) and simulation with Gazebo

* Know Python or other high-level scripting languages

* Know C++ or other lower-level embedded languages

* Have experience with Linux from installation to package management

* Desire to free humans from hard, manual labor

You might also (nice-to-have):

* Understand machine learning fundamentals and the most common libraries

* Youve mowed a lawn or two

* Have a customized bash (or zsh) profile and your ssh keys are on at least one other server on the cloud

* Appreciate a results-based, startup culture

The benefits we offer to full-time employees:

* Salary + Equity

* Employee Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, with options for HSA

* 401K matching

* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability

* Any hardware you need: Macbook Pro? Sure. Slick ThinkPad running Ubuntu? You got it.

* A transparent, entrepreneurial, startup culture: want to help with sales and marketing? Join in (but be ready to take on real tasks).

Apply at https://www.greenzie.co/careers or email hello at greenzie.co with resume.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/robotics-software-developer-at-greenzie-atlanta-ga-usa/7098/1) or reply to this email to respond.