[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Software Developer at Greenzie - Atlanta, GA USA
Charles Brian Quinn
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:00:26 UTC 2018
Greenzies mission is to free humans from manual labor. Were starting with the hardest tasks first highly repetitive outdoor work in the green industry: lawn maintenance, turf mowing, landscaping. We are hiring software roboticists who want to do applied robotics, now. We build software to do real work. Join our Team.
As a Robotics Software Developer you will:
* Develop software for our autonomous outdoor robotics platform using the Robotic Operating System (ROS) using Python, C++, and more.
* Code-review, pair-program, and problem solve with teammates
* Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly sprint planning, retrospectives, and roadmap planning
* Build a great company: its up to you how involved you want to be. We are an open book and share the experience of building a company from customer discovery to sales to marketing, you can participate and learn all aspects of business.
As a candidate you already:
* Have software development experience and solid engineering practices
* Have experience with robotics: control systems, machine vision, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, and/or other robotics algorithms and libraries
* Have used the Robotic Operating System (ROS) and simulation with Gazebo
* Know Python or other high-level scripting languages
* Know C++ or other lower-level embedded languages
* Have experience with Linux from installation to package management
* Desire to free humans from hard, manual labor
You might also (nice-to-have):
* Understand machine learning fundamentals and the most common libraries
* Youve mowed a lawn or two
* Have a customized bash (or zsh) profile and your ssh keys are on at least one other server on the cloud
* Appreciate a results-based, startup culture
The benefits we offer to full-time employees:
* Salary + Equity
* Employee Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, with options for HSA
* 401K matching
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
* Any hardware you need: Macbook Pro? Sure. Slick ThinkPad running Ubuntu? You got it.
* A transparent, entrepreneurial, startup culture: want to help with sales and marketing? Join in (but be ready to take on real tasks).
Apply at https://www.greenzie.co/careers or email hello at greenzie.co with resume.
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/robotics-software-developer-at-greenzie-atlanta-ga-usa/7098/1) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users