[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Crystal] ROS 2 Crystal Clemmys call for testing and package releases

Alberto Soragna ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:47:42 UTC 2018

I just installed ROS 2 Crystal from sources on Ubuntu 18.04.

Everything went fine, but I would like to make a couple comments on the instructions:

 - In the `setup_sources` section [link](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Linux-Install-Debians/#linux-install-debians-setup-sources) you should add the dependency on `lsb-release`.
The first command would become:
        `sudo apt update && sudo apt install curl gnupg2 lsb-release`

- In the `Install development tools and Ros tools ` section [link](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Linux-Development-Setup/#install-development-tools-and-ros-tools) it looks like the pytest dependencies are needed only on Ubuntu 16.04. I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 and without them the build process prompted a lot of warnings about `pytest` missing and then failed while building the demos package.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-crystal-clemmys-call-for-testing-and-package-releases/7072/2) or reply to this email to respond.