[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Crystal] ROS 2 Crystal Clemmys call for testing and package releases

Alberto Soragna ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 22:44:43 UTC 2018

[quote="kyrofa, post:12, topic:7072, full:true"]
Huh. Am I weird for expecting colcon to be available after installing ros-crystal-ros-base? I had to install python3-colcon-ros manually. I don't see that documented anywhere, but perhaps I glossed over it. Just `apt-cache search`'d and installed the thing that seemed to make sense.
[/quote]

Yes you are right.
>From what I have seen, if you start from the official ROS2 docker images you get ROS, but no colcon or other developmet/build tools

---