[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Crystal] ROS 2 Crystal Clemmys call for testing and package releases

Kyle Fazzari ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 07:18:10 UTC 2018

[quote="nuclearsandwich, post:14, topic:7072"]

I dont agree that colcon or any tools needed only at build time ought to be in `ros-base`

[/quote]

I happen to completely agree with you there, but that leads toward having runtime and development completely split, and we're not there. We're at an awkward in-between, where installing ros-base pulls in all sorts of headers, which are only useful at build time, but no tool to utilize them.

Anyway though, not a big deal, just a little awkward.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-crystal-clemmys-call-for-testing-and-package-releases/7072/15) or reply to this email to respond.