[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Reliability, safety, security, maintenance and support in ROS

Francisco Martín Rico ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:43:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

In my humble opinion, I do not agree with the focus of the article. I think you can not compare a final product of two companies with ROS, even if we limit it to their navigation capabilities. ROS provides a base where to build concrete applications, and it is the responsibility of the person who develops a final application to complete the generalities of ROS to adapt it to a final solution.

There are many robot companies that have robots navigating reliably and safely in real environments using ROS. We have a Pepper navigating 24x7 in a real office environment (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiDLlIrh2KE) in which, of course, there was a lot of work of adjusting parameters.

Of course, this requires a lot of work to adjust parameters, but no more than those that would have to be adjusted in any other navigation system, with the advantage that in ROS there is a community that develops and tests software that you do not have to implement from scratch .

Anyway, thanks for sharing,
Francisco

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/reliability-safety-security-maintenance-and-support-in-ros/7146/3) or reply to this email to respond.