[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Embedded] RMW-microxrcedds implementation

Borja Outerelo ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:08:47 UTC 2018

Hi @christian

Currently, Micro XRCE-DDS supports defining user-custom transports so it would not be difficult to support new platforms, APIs.
Regarding memory footprint and size, Micro XRCE-DDS could be customised with user configurations so you can tune it to fit in smaller platforms. On our minimal test we measured 2.5KB of SRAM usage, but as I mentioned it could be customized per application.

Currently or lower-end supported-tested platform is the same as for micro-ROS: STM32L1 Discovery. 256KB flash and 32KB of SRAM.

Though, We haven't tested it on 8bits platforms but could be an interesting test.
Are you currently using it on such platforms?.
Have you identified any possible failling or improvement point for such platforms?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rmw-microxrcedds-implementation/6727/8) or reply to this email to respond.