[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Reliability, safety, security, maintenance and support in ROS

Guillermo Urcera Martín ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 07:26:25 UTC 2018

Thanks for sharing, it's an interesting article.

I have to grudgingly agree with most of the points he makes. Right now it's very difficult to integrate ROS safely in an industrial grade robot, having either to encapsulate the cell in a parallel, isolated safety system or making ROS act as a kind of supervisor, encapsulating more low level and safety critical systems.

I see the value of focusing ROS on scientific research and foregoing more mundane features such as these, but support from industrial manufacturers could really ensure the longevity of the project.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/reliability-safety-security-maintenance-and-support-in-ros/7146/4) or reply to this email to respond.