[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Open: Call for euRobotics Technology Transfer Award 2019
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:05:33 UTC 2018
The European Robotics Forum 2019 (ERF2019) will take place in Bucharest, Romania, from 20 to 22 March 2019.
The European Robotics Forum is a gathering of representatives of all European robotics stakeholders from industry, research, academia and public and private investors. It aims at facilitating networking between these groups through plenaries, sessions and workshops.
The euRobotics Technology Transfer Award, now in its **15th edition** , is seen as one of the events most prominent activities.
**Successful technology transfer describes the process of converting scientific findings from research laboratories into innovative products, processes and services by the commercial sector.**
Outstanding examples of technology transfer in robot technology and automation that result from cooperative efforts between research and industry are eligible for the prize. The three most outstanding examples of technology transfer will receive cash awards and signed certificates. The event will be highly visible.
#### **Who is invited to participate?**
Applications are invited from individuals or teams from:
* **Industry,** if technology transfer has taken place in Europe.
* **Universities, research organizations or laboratories** that are located in Europe.
A team may be represented by up to **three members** (individuals) in the application.
#### **Subject areas**
Applications may address, but are not limited to the following areas of robot automation:
* **Robot application** : Solutions of robot automation are sought which have contributed to cutting costs, raising quality, enhancing productivity, or saving of valuable resources or have led to a reduction of physical labour at the workplace.
* **Robot development** : Research results which have contributed to an innovative and competitive robot system (in any robotics application field).
* **Development of robot components** : Results leading to new or improved methods or components which contribute to robot safety, flexibility, intelligence, operation, acceptance or servicing of robot systems.
The project must be completed by the application date or no more than 24 months prior to the application date. Should submitted applications not come up to the required standards of excellence no prize will be awarded.
#### **Application -** max. 6 pages
The written application should include a summary not exceeding six pages of the project and its technology transfer, setting out:
* Project title
* Participants and brief information about their organization
* Motivation and goals of the research and development effort
* State of the art
* Project approach
* Results of research and development
* Achieved innovation and commercial impact
* Handling of intellectual property rights and commercialization
* Cooperation between research and industry with benefit for the partners.
Furthermore, an annex (e.g. project reports, publications, video, dissertation etc.) may be provided to additionally evidence the projects soundness and impact.
#### **Deadline - 3 February 2019**
The complete application should be sent to [Martin.Haegele at ipa.fraunhofer.de](mailto:Martin.Haegele at ipa.fraunhofer.de), by **Sunday, 03 February 2019.**
#### **Selection procedure**
Submitted applications will be evaluated by a jury consisting of members from industry and academia/research. The finalists will be informed at least three weeks prior to the award ceremony.
#### **Award ceremony**
The presentations and the ceremony for the 2019 euRobotics Technology Transfer Award will take place at the 2019 European Robotics Forum in Bucharest, on 21 March 2019. In a Technology Transfer Session the finalists will each have 15 minutes plus discussion to present their projects. Based on both the written application and the presentation, the jury will determine the winners.
#### **Submission address**
Please send your application by email to:
70569 Stuttgart, Germany
[Martin.Haegele at ipa.fraunhofer.de](mailto:Martin.Haegele at ipa.fraunhofer.de)
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/open-call-for-eurobotics-technology-transfer-award-2019/7182/1) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users