[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Embedded] RMW-microxrcedds implementation

Borja Outerelo ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 08:26:11 UTC 2018

@christian for STM32F103 depending on the available SRAM, you should not find many issues using micro-ROS.
Currently, we are targeting STM32L152 as our lower-end devices.
We are still working on some size issues but will get there eventually.

For Arduino platforms, to be honest, we haven't tried it on 8Bit microcontrollers but if it has enough SRAM, it might work but need thoughtful testing. Currently, micro-ROS is going to need a bit of size reduction work but vanilla Micro XRCE-DDS middleware should fit into an Arduino.

Ideally, micro-ROS underlying middleware implementation, Micro XRCE-DDS, could mimic rosserial behaviour, actually, we have improvements on our roadmap in that same direction, so with the aforementioned Micro XRCE-DDS improvements and if we manage to shrink micro-ROS to fit into an Arduino that will be possible.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rmw-microxrcedds-implementation/6727/10) or reply to this email to respond.