[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 Collaboration Bulletin Board

Paul Bovbel ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:59:33 UTC 2018

So, having not undertaken any ROS2 porting myself, I have to ask - what's the common (dare I say standard?) practice for repos/branches? Keep the same repo, and create a `ros2` branch? I know that upstream ROS2 repositories tend to follow the `master` + distro branches approach.

Github being what it is, having two essentially 'main' branches (one for ROS1, one for ROS2) is suboptimal in terms of visibility and code search, however creating `ros2_*` repos feels unpleasant as well.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-collaboration-bulletin-board/2239/58) or reply to this email to respond.