[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Embedded] Low level encapsulation of Mavros messages using MAVLink

Max van Daalen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 18:26:18 UTC 2018

Thanks for your reply.

I understand how MAVLink works and have a good API level understanding of ROS.

Essentially I'm trying to determine how a serial Mavros bridge works, but at the lowest level. i.e. How to implement a client capable of talking to an other Mavros compatible systems via a serial port using MAVLink as the transport layer. I suspect that it's straightforward, but it's difficult to determine precisely without any documentation or by looking though existing code bases like PX4.

I have now brought a Pixhawk that I intend to setup and use with the existing Mavros tools. Once working, I'll monitor the serial comms and this will hopefully fill in the gaps in my current understanding of how it works.

ROS appears to be very well documented at all levels, but as far as I can tell this isn't the case for Mavros. Once I've figured it out I will post a description just in case anyone else ever needs build their own implementation.

Meanwhile, any low level insights would be gratefully received!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/low-level-encapsulation-of-mavros-messages-using-mavlink/7247/3) or reply to this email to respond.