[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] VirtualBox and Turtlebot 3. During RVIZ, unable to contact my own server at 10.0.2.15

Eduardo ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 10:38:36 UTC 2018

I saw this problem multiple times. I am pretty sure that, as commented before, your VM is stablishing a private network with your windows. To check that:

In windows, go to the search box and type "cmd". There type "ipconfig". You will get the external IP of your PC, in your case, 192.168.x.x
In linux, in a terminal, the command "ifconfig" will return a different IP. If it is the same, the error is somewhere else...

To fix it, close your VM and go to its configuration in VirtualBox. If I remember well, it was right click on the name of the VM and configuration (I have no a VM here, sorry). In network there should be a drop-down liste. I think that by default is set to NAT (Network Address Translation). Change it to Bridget networking

Anyways, just change it there and open the VM again. Check if now the IPs are the same for your windows and your VM.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/virtualbox-and-turtlebot-3-during-rviz-unable-to-contact-my-own-server-at-10-0-2-15/3859/3) or reply to this email to respond.