[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] VirtualBox and Turtlebot 3. During RVIZ, unable to contact my own server at 10.0.2.15

Eduardo ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 18:13:17 UTC 2018

Ok, let me see. I installed VM Virtual Box 5.2.6 and downloaded a ros indigo64bits VM from here: https://nootrix.com/downloads/#RosVM. 2.8Gb...men...To make it work it was also required the VM VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.2.6

Anyways, if I type in the "cmd" of Windows "ipconfig" I get the following information:
Ethernet-Adapter IPv4: 192.168.99.111  (numbers are a fake since I do not want to share my public IP)

I open the VM image, import the configuration as it comes and start it. If I type "ifconfig" I get an ethernet port with the direction 10.0.2.15.

I close the machine, right click on it. Settings > Network > Adapter1 > Attached to (change from NAT to bridget connection). I left the name of the adapter as it was, maybe you have to change it to use the WLAN adapter.
Oppening the VM again it shows me the following ip: 192.168.99.185
I can make "ping 192.168.99.226" without problem. This is an other machine where I have ROS installed.
I set up the environemnt for both...http://wiki.ros.org/turtlebot/Tutorials/indigo/Network%20Configuration

The configuration works...

By the way...shouldn't this thing be posted in ROS answers?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/virtualbox-and-turtlebot-3-during-rviz-unable-to-contact-my-own-server-at-10-0-2-15/3859/5) or reply to this email to respond.