[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ament Build -test failed

Arunava Nag ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 03:24:16 UTC 2018

[quote="dirk-thomas, post:16, topic:3398"]
Your error is different than what is discussed in this thread. Therefore I suggest in the future create a new thread or a question on answers.ros.org.
[/quote]

i thought we are posting ros2 issues in ros discourse. And also, as this topic is related to ament build tests which i created earlier so I linked this issue to this thread.

[quote="dirk-thomas, post:16, topic:3398"]
Regarding the error message: it looks like you are mixing a newer version of rmw_fastrtps_cpp with an older version of rmw. This is not supported. Either stick two both packages from e.g. the latest release or use both packages from the current default branch.
[/quote]

I did `sudo apt-get remove ros-ardent-*` and also removed my workspace and then downloaded and reinstalled everything back. How do I solve this again? I think old versions Screenshot from 2018-02-02 11-22-19have stayed in. Please help, it has stopped all my development in ros2 now.

I have these installed : ![image|690x31](upload://kIgNVlHa4Agkioyzl8wl6L6bm89.png)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ament-build-test-failed/3398/17) or reply to this email to respond.