[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ament Build -test failed

Arunava Nag ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 04:54:34 UTC 2018

Ok I believe I have figured it out. Since been using the beta version and now moved to the ardent debian version.

After installation, when I moved to the ament tutorial:

    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros2/ros2/master/ros2.repos
    vcs import ~/ros2_ws/src < ros2.repos

I ran those again. That is why it was creating duplicate probably. Just realised it is clearly mentioned there:

_To start off we need to setup an underlay **without any of ROS2 installed**._

My apologies @dirk-thomas and that is great that I don't need to go through the 2 hours of build and test time to set up my ros2.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ament-build-test-failed/3398/19) or reply to this email to respond.