[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 on microcontrollers with RIOT

Víctor Mayoral Vilches ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:17:13 UTC 2018

Hey @astralien3000! Pretty cool to hear about your updates. Very well done and thanks for sharing it and keeping all of us posted.

We are also looking at ROS 2 in microcontrollers as part of a European project and after a look at the structure of the code, I think we can inspire quite a bit from you. Our objective, is to end up with a "framework for microcontrollers" that should supports different alternatives for underlying RTOS, communication middlewares, etc. In particular, for the RTOS, we are looking at using NuttX ([link](https://github.com/microROS/NuttX) to our fork). Given the maturity of your work (which to me seems much more advanced than ours) I think it's worth to try re-using your structure and eventually converge if possible.

Provided that this sounds good to you, I'm up for spending some time researching your code and try putting together a prototype of your system with NuttX as the underlying RTOS. Would you be willing to support us if we do so? Ideally we could end up submitting a PR to your code with NuttX support (which from a hardware perspective, opens up your system to many more possibilities). How does this sound?

Cheers,

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-on-microcontrollers-with-riot/1293/13) or reply to this email to respond.