[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Announcing the Hardware Robot Information Model (HRIM)

Geoffrey Biggs ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:32:56 UTC 2018

Great work, Victor and everyone working with you! I hope this is adopted widely!

I have some questions about your relationship with standards.

- How exactly are you compatible with the (draft) ISO 22166-1?
- How are you compatible with HAL4RT? There are two versions of that specification proposed; the first has died and the second was rejected because it doesn't contain anything of use to robotics. The proposed APIs are also not compatible with ROS.
- How do you support OpenEL 3.0, which is a private commercial project (not an international standard)? Do you provide an implementation of its APIs? They don't seem compatible with ROS, to me.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-the-hardware-robot-information-model-hrim/3906/2) or reply to this email to respond.