[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Should we warn (new) users about difficulties with Python 3 and alternative Python interpreters?

suforeman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 02:27:40 UTC 2018

Its good that ROS2 has stardardized on python3.

As for ROS[1], support for pyrhon2.7 vs python3 comes down to the package author/owner.

Some package support python3 while sone doesnt. Its completely possible to use ROS with python3.

I dont know if a guaranteed way to correctly notify users if their collection of code does/doesnt work with a specific version of python.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/should-we-warn-new-users-about-difficulties-with-python-3-and-alternative-python-interpreters/3874/7) or reply to this email to respond.