[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Absolute timers in RSO2

janismac ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:59:17 UTC 2018

Is it possible to have absolute timers in ROS2? For example if the period is 60sec, I need the timer to trigger when the system clock reads "xx:xx:00", i.e., on the full minute.

I tried to dig through the source behind `rclcpp::Node::create_wall_timer` but could not find an answer.

If that is not possible, I would build my own using `timerfd_create()` and `TFD_TIMER_ABSTIME`. Any tips on how to integrate that properly with ROS2?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/absolute-timers-in-rso2/3922/1) or reply to this email to respond.