[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Turtlebot3 - Joule stalled

ml ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 13:54:02 UTC 2018

Hi MyNameIsCosmo,

tnx for your support...some progress but not 100% done yet:

- all updates based on "apt-get update" installed
- HDMI not working - need to work with cli
- uname -a:
  Linux turtle 4.4.0-1000-joule #0+joule21-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 16 14:46:45 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- following your hint "power saving" -> focussing on Ubuntu not Joule I did the following:

  sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target

-> unix processes will not get stopped/suspended anymore -> seems ok !
-> issue: every 30min the network manager gets a request to "sleep" (syslog) -> wifi connection goes down
-> can't restart it automatically (service network-manager restart -  nmcli network on - ifup -a)

No clue what causes the request for network manager to sleep...given that it is reproducible it seems a "feature". Any idea how to tackle it? Seems I didn't disable all "power saving" options (or what soever causes the nm shutdown...) - can't find anything on the net that fixed it...

Every hint/comment welcome...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/turtlebot3-joule-stalled/2739/9) or reply to this email to respond.