[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Mismatched protocol version in packet: lost sync or rosserial_python is from different ros release than the rosserial client

Gaurav Pathak ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 21:11:29 UTC 2018

Hi,
I also got the same error, in my case it was the simple mistake of reading from a wrong serial port. I had two usb serial connections for two sensors and their hardware device formation on ubuntu tty/ACM* got interchanged. Just changing the devices worked for me.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/mismatched-protocol-version-in-packet-lost-sync-or-rosserial-python-is-from-different-ros-release-than-the-rosserial-client/3450/2) or reply to this email to respond.