[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] RFC on updated REP 149: Add optional 'file' attribution to license tag in package.xml

Tamaki Nishino ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:13:08 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I would like to propose adding an optional 'file' attribution to the license tag in package.xml.
The motivation here is that some OSS licenses require provision of license text when a user redistribute the software in a binary form, but currently it's not easy to find it because we have to grep all the source codes. I think adding the file attribution to point the right license text file in a repository will help a user or a tool to do this easier.
I have made a [PR](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/157) to update REP-149 which is the candidate of the next package.xml format. Please review and comment on the PR if you have any concern or better idea.

https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/157

Thank you.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rfc-on-updated-rep-149-add-optional-file-attribution-to-license-tag-in-package-xml/3958/1) or reply to this email to respond.