[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 support: ROS Answers?

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 23:04:47 UTC 2018

@gavanderhoorn if you still feel strongly about the drawbacks of encouraging ROS 2 users to use answers.ros.org, we'd still like to hear them and be open to changing even as we enact the proposed strategy.

In the meantime, we're going to move forward with this change by:

- updating our support recommendations in the ROS 2 documentation to suggest users post to answers.ros.org
  - @marguedas I think you were going to do this? (I can help if you send me specific tasks)
- all of the ROS 2 team members at Open Robotics will subscribe to the `ros2`, `ardent`, and `r2b3` tags
- if we decided it's a good idea, add and subscribe to the "i don't know which ros distro" tag

Again, we're moving forward with this change, but are open to reevaluating it or taking new criticism into account as we go.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-support-ros-answers/2620/21) or reply to this email to respond.