[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 support: ROS Answers?

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 23:36:28 UTC 2018

I'd rather not have a tag that requires moderators to try to correct/guess what the users are doing. If they tag it with "I don't know" the next thing will be for someone to ask in a comment, "please find out what you're using by running this command ..." And then we all wait for the user to run the command and edit their question. Whereas if they tag it with their best guess, odds are their best guess is actually what they're using, as that will be what they're familiar with, and we only have to iterate with those who guess wrong.

If we just add that to the question prompt we can take out a whole user interaction. Also there's still people who read the home page and if anyone browses and sees something that doesn't match it can easily be re-tagged by anyone with enough karma.

Asking a person who is asking a question to do a little bit more research before they post will be way more effective than setting up a mechanism which will require several extra interactions to tag things before the question can effectively be answered.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-support-ros-answers/2620/22) or reply to this email to respond.