[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] A do-it-yourself Turtlebot

Pito Salas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 20:50:28 UTC 2018

I am teaching a class to Computer Science students (clever software but not hardware types). I thought it would be a good experience to actually build or own turtlebot-like robot, not literally from a kit, but from a pre-acquired set of parts that I knew would go together. It would give them a more visceral experience of building. Our goal is to do mobile navigation with ROS, so we are also using off-the-shelf Robotis Turtlebot3 but they are very small and a "real" Turtlebot2 costs like $2K. Any links or suggestions from those of you who have traveled the same road?

(Not sure if this question should've been on answers.ros.org.)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/a-do-it-yourself-turtlebot/3978/1) or reply to this email to respond.