[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Design By Contract

Geoffrey Biggs ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 07:46:04 UTC 2018

[quote="asmodehn, post:40, topic:2405"]
So I think we need to follow what exists in the language we use and where needed add instrumentation and reporting tools to get a better idea of the quality level of some robot software.
[/quote]

Relating to this and the rest of your post, a robot can be a very opaque and complex system and for a complex ROS-based robot there may be many nodes with a lot of data flying around. Making it easy to see where an error originated could go a long way to helping integrators find nodes with quality problems so those can be reported. This means making it more obvious why a node process died, for example. Was it because of a logic error in the node, or because another node published some bad data? (In the later case, both nodes need to be fixed.)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/design-by-contract/2405/43) or reply to this email to respond.