[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Presentation and some doubts

Taehoon Lim(Darby) ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 02:26:32 UTC 2018

Hello @antoninovara :slight_smile:

Thank you for your interest about TB3!
As you said that the sale of TB3 Waffle has ended last year.

However, today we introduce new TB3 called **Waffle Pi** :+1:
The big difference between Waffle and Waffle Pi is that the main SBC(Single Board Computer) and Camera are substituted with **Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Camera**.

TB3 series provide simple bringup. So secondary school students easily setup and operate it by following [TB3 Wiki](http://emanual.robotis.com/docs/en/platform/turtlebot3/overview/).
TB3 supports simple examples including **interactive markers, obstacle detection, and patrol** and advanced examples **SLAM, Navigation.**

We also already update Waffle Pi in [Rviz and Gazebo simulator](https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/turtlebot3_simulations). You can operate it how it works even on your map (Ref : **http://gazebosim.org/tutorials?tut=build_world&cat=build_world**)

If you have any information about TB3, please visit our [Wiki](http://emanual.robotis.com/docs/en/platform/turtlebot3/overview/) or www.turtlebot.com

Or Have any question about development with TB3, take a ticket in  [github issue page](https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/turtlebot3/issues).

Best regards
Darby