[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 on microcontrollers with RIOT

Víctor Mayoral Vilches ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:40:57 UTC 2018

@astralien3000, please find at https://github.com/microROS/micro-ROS a few bits about the micro-ROS European project I mentioned. The following architecture should help describing our goal:

```
|               embedded application layer                    |
|             micro-ROS client library (urcl)                 |
                e.g.: tf, lifecycle, executors, etc.          |
|             micro-ROS middleware interface (urmw)           |
+-------------------+---------------------+-------------------+
|    middleware 1   |     middleware 2    |   middleware 3    |
| (e.g. micro-RTPS) |     (e.g. mqtt)     |                   |
+-------------------+---------------------+-------------------+
|      Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) abstractions         |
|         RTOS 1   |       RTOS 2     |        RTOS 3         |
|     (e.g. NuttX) |    (e.g. RIOT)   |    (e.g. Zephyr)      |
|                         hardware                            |
```

I will start looking at how to integrate (if possible) your work in ours (I'm happy interacting publicly here but let me know if you'd prefer a more private channel).

Regards,

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-on-microcontrollers-with-riot/1293/18) or reply to this email to respond.