[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] A do-it-yourself Turtlebot

Anfederman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 23:26:16 UTC 2018

Besides the Ubiquity platform, you can download both their RPi sd card or Virtual Box images. The small Loki platform may become available this Spring if crowd funding is successful.  Also check out the SV-ROS github for how to convert a Neato Botvac to a Turtlebot like platform. I published two articles in Servo Magazine entitled Roll your own Turtlebot. So I think it is easiest to go with an existing platform. Putting together a platform from scratch, with motors, encoders and controllers from scratch just takes too long.

Some of the autonomous racing folks are building around a rc car platform, but I don't think that's good for education. I believe Cousera used the Neato in their course on intro to autonomous robots.

Disclaimer, I coordinate SV-ROS, and am a member of Ubiquity Robotics

Good luck. The only way to get better at robotics is to build better robots.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/a-do-it-yourself-turtlebot/3978/11) or reply to this email to respond.