[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 on microcontrollers with RIOT

Loïc Dauphin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:54:14 UTC 2018

Nice !

Yes, I think it would be better to use an other channel for some things we would discuss. I have sent you an email.

I have some comments on your diagram :

- Does `urcl` refers to a language-specific client lib ? or to `rcl`, adapted to microcontollers ?
- In the first case, I would say that it would be nice to use and complete [rclc](https://github.com/ros2/rclc)
- In the second case, I would say that using `rcl` is better, even if the use of malloc is not the best choice for microcontollers, it is quite well designed, and the most important is that `rcl` would be the glue between normal ROS2 and ROS2 for microcontrollers.
- Why defining a `urmw` interface ? What would be different from `rmw` ?
- The problem with RTOS abstraction is that, beside well known standards (POSIX, socket, libc, ...), there is no library that manage an application layer protocol (MQTT, HTTP, CoAP, etc..) that is ported to several RTOS : each RTOS has it's specific solution/interface.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-on-microcontrollers-with-riot/1293/19) or reply to this email to respond.